It can be hard to keep going some days. Maybe you’re working on a big project, and it seems like it will never be finished. Or maybe you’re just trying to get through all your daily chores. Here are some perseverance quotes to help you.
Do you have any favorite quotes, that pick you up on days like that? Here are a few of mine.
- It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It’s what we do consistently (Anthony Robbins)
- Champions keep playing until they get it right (Billie Jean King)
- Ninety-nine percent of all failures come from people who have a habit of making excuses (George Washington Carver)
- A large oak tree is just a little nut that refused to give up (David McGee)
- If you are going through hell, keep going (Winston Churchill)
- You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated (Maya Angelou)
- The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones (Confucius)
- Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat (F. Scott Fitzgerald)
- If you fell down yesterday, stand up today (H.G. Wells)
If you’re looking for a gift for someone who values perseverance, there are several inspiring books on the subject. For example, Grit, by psychologist Angela Duckworth.
Or, if your goal is to be productive, try Smarter Faster Better, by Charles Duhigg. It covers motivation and goal setting, and those are key factors in perseverance.
Steve Jobs Poster
For business owners who need inspiration, how about this poster with a well known quote from Steve Jobs. He certainly kept going when things got tough!
Or, make your own poster, with one of your photos, and a perseverance quote.
Perseverance Quotes Video
Here is a short video, with some perseverance quotes that might inspire you to keep moving forward. It has quiet music, and some lovely photos, so you can relax while you plan your next steps.